Monday, February 14, 2022

Aiming for a Fairer Fight

 In late 2020, I had the pleasure of participating in the mad scramble that was Romancing the Runoff.  I contributed a cowl and was utterly delighted when a friend of mine won that auction! So of course when they sent out a notice that there would be a Romancing the Vote Auction, it was off to the bins for me. 

There are a number of handknits around the Chateau, as you can imagine. Some are pending specific gift giving, some are waiting to tell me their destiny, some... well I made a choice to knit that now didn't I.  Anyway, I pulled out four different cowls and the auction launches this morning!

I'm so excited for this because the donations go to Fair Fight, which is working towards preserving everyone's right to vote and  easily access this important part of our democratic processes.  Since 2016, voting rights has been a specific concern of mine and it's nice to get to support in this unique way -- combining my love of knitting, of romance novels, and getting everyone to the voting booth!

There are a LOT of really amazing items up for auctions and I can't wait to see the battles as romance authors and readers try to beat each other to the punch.  I'll be obsessively following my own auctions and maybe bidding on one or three things. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...