Saturday, February 26, 2022

The Final Haul

 I was standing in the shower thinking to myself that I was doing so much better this year -- I'd nearly made it to March and I had been very restrained in my yarn purchases so far this year. 

A pile of yarn and beads on a couch

Then I remembered I needed to photograph and upload my final Loopy Ewe box. It was truly a sign of just how hard we all hit the website when Sheri announced that it was several days before my order shipped. And -- I think for the first time ever-- not everything arrived. A couple of buttons and one skein of yarn wasn't in the final pile (yes, they corrected pricing).   

Detail shot of five skeins of yarn -- yellows and purples

I thought it was fairly restrained overall. It's a dozen skeins of yarn. There's a variety of weights-- including some Rasta to make another super fast giant cowl. Those are so satisfying to whip up. Also some aran weight from JulieSpins and 1 skein from Dream in Color.  

Detail shot of yarn skeins -- blue, pink, and 4 skeins of a gray with pink tinges

I got enough yarn in the Crystals and Pearls colorway, Dream in Color Smooshy, that I could make a sweater. It's fingering weight and it's a delicious yarn, it'd make a stunning sweater with good stitch definition. Or a giant shawl. Or or or...the possibilities are definitely many. I also managed to buy some beads that work perfectly with the yarn, though that wasn't my intent. 

Detail shot of a bunch of tubes of beads for knitting

It is actually because of the Loopy Ewe and Loopy Academy that I am a fairly confident beader with my knitting. It's not something I aggressively seek out but the chance to buy all these beads and have them on hand did seem like a good idea. They take up a lot less space than yarn does.


And finally, I got two bottles of Wollmeise Wool Wash. While I hope that Claudia of Wollmeise is arranging for a new US distributor, I wanted to make sure I was set on this end with the trademark scent that is her wool wash.  

The yarn has been photographed, cataloged, and I will attempt to put it away here shortly.  It is slightly impeded by the reality that I still have far more yarn than I have bin space and I am not actually knitting at the speed of light. I'm knitting much faster/more this year than I was last year, but for comparison -- this pile of wool is almost equivalent yardage to what I knit in all of 2021.  

Gotta get back to that 2020 and 20K levels of knitting this year if I'm going to make a dent. 

Especially since there's still that BMFA order from late last year outstanding.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...