Monday, November 16, 2020

"Novel" Holiday Presents -- and Supporting Voting

Just after election day in the US, it became apparent that Georgia was headed for a run-off for their Senate seats.  Organizers in Georgia are one of this years' amazing stories of the outcomes of overcoming voter suppression, voter ennui, disengagement, disenchantment, and disenfranchisement.  Amongst them, is romance author and all around badass Stacey Abrams. 

And to continue to support those efforts, members of the Romance Community led by Courtney Milan, Alyssa Cole, and Kit Rocha have set up an absolutely incredible Romancing the Runoff auction (presently at 769 items!).  The funds go to the organizations on the ground and you could get a lot of really unusual and unique gifts for Christmas. The auction opens on 11/18 and runs through 11/24.  

Included in there is an item I made -- a handknit cowl out of Malabrigo Sock yarn. 


This was my meeting knitting for a couple of weeks and it looks to me like a dark hummingbird wing.  It's stunning yarn and of course because it's Malabrigo it's soft.  The pattern is Copilot by Dominique Trad, and this is a looser cowl -- a lot of lace which means it's probably not something you'll wear in the deepest winter in Chicago but it should have good fall and spring wearing. 



The direct link to the auction for this item is here. I'll be mailing it within the United States to whomever has the top bid.  I'm really look forward to popping over to the post office and shipping off this particular package of joy. 

But there's so much here... autographed copies of books, consultations on chapters or pilots, fun mugs and other craft projects, professional copyediting. If there is a writer, a romance reader, a craft enjoy-er -- someone who likes gift cards (there's those too) in your life, they could be a really neat way to donate to an excellent cause and get some one of a kind things.  

It's one of two auctions/donations I'm contributing to this holiday season; I'll have the other up after the 20th? I'm still waiting on a final date on that and whether it's all local to Chicago area or if someone else is arranging shipping (I'm handing off the handknits and they go from there, I'll post details).  

Meanwhile I'm finding all the tabs I need to have open and bid on. There are *several* that I think would be incredible to win.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...