Saturday, February 22, 2020

Completed: Hot Pink Dental Floss

My entire dining room floor is currently covered with hot pink lace.


This large and incredibly bright piece of knitting has been taking up every spare minute at home over the past six weeks, with hours of my life spent in the breakfast nook Ektorp Tulllsta, cat climbing all over me and back episodes of Stranded Dyeworks podcast playing along. 



It took nearly 700 yards of what is described as a laceweight but I'm suspicious might actually be cobweb.  Certainly the laceweight that Audiogirl was knitting when I saw her the other night was much thicker.  


I was expecting to use about 1000 yards, so having only used 51 grams of the 100 gram skein was a surprise.  This is a delicate piece and the yarn is a very soft 2-ply. 
Marnie MacLean's pattern is perfectly clear, the charts are very easy to read,  and overall I'm delighted with the final product. It's probably even already dry-- I have a fan going on it and it was getting dry very quickly.  


I'll upload a picture tonight to The Loopy Ewe, this is Shawl 1/3 for spring semester of Graduate Academy.  I've cast on the second shawl and in fingering weight it feels like it will go so much faster. (Attn careful reader: it's a shawl that will require not only extensive chart reading but is guaranteed to take about 1100 yards of yarn -- it will not be magically faster). 


Now the only question to answer with this shawl is it's final destination. Several people have asked and no, I didn't cast it on with anyone in particular in mind. As with much of my knitting I generallytrust that when it's time, the project and it's appropriate owner will come together.  In the interim, it doesn't take up very much space.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...