Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Tide Me Over(Night)

The plan was that I would knit AudioGirl another Color Affection. She likes mine -- I'd modified it to make it deeper, and I had been meaning to knit another one.

Only, I'd suggested that we use a three-pack from the Midwinter Moon KAL that Tina and team at Blue Moon had been dying up and then we had to wait on the yarn and in the interim, there were many other patterns considered and ultimately Color Affection went on the back burner.  We did, however, get this beautiful pack called Crow Moon and added a fourth skein from her stash to round out the yardage.


The winning pattern was Raining Revolution Wrap, which is asymmetrical and involves two color brioche and a 400 stitch cast on. 

Oh, also we're modifying it so it's only done in 4 colors rather than six. And changing how the brioche is done so not all of it will be two color.  So yeah, totally following the pattern.

Here, a couple of rows in--the cables and stitches were SO twisty at the beginning. Fortunately, the first part of the pattern is very intuitive once you read through it a couple of times.  It'll make up for needing to remember how to do two color brioche with purl bumps later on.  


For now it's small enough to be public transit knitting, particularly when I've only got my purse and not my work bag. Not sure where I was headed here... 



This was what I did on an Express Bus on Sunday. I'd attended a 7:30 a.m. meeting in downtown Chicago (yes, we won't discuss how early I had to be up or how utterly cranky I was about that start time). I had taken a cab there (see also, not a morning person) but took the bus home and-- weekend/express bus-- had plenty of room to stretch out and wind yarn.  This took the 147 from about Michigan and Randolph to just before the Howard Red Line stop.  

I'm feathering it in starting at the 25% left of Color 1 (Blue is the New Black).  This is going faster than expected, which is great, and is also likely to be my knitting for Conference #1 --which will be next week. If I could get through colors 2-3 in the next 10 days, that'd be something of a miracle but hey, willing to try. 

(Also, planning to take sock knitting to work this week,  let's be realistic) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...