Sunday, May 5, 2019

Stash Dash Preparation

StashDash 2019, the KnitGirllls annual summer knit-along where we sprint to see what distances we can get through during the warmer months, is nearly upon us. It's double-dipping and cheater friendly, you can declare your goal at the beginning or wait until the last day, if you knit on something nearly done and the wrap it all up, you can count all the yardage. The goal is fun and hopefully completed objects.

I look forward to it every summer. Last summer was almost entirely the log cabin blanket squares for us. 2016 was the giant black shawl that lives in my office at work. At best I usually average about 3km of finished projects. Which isn't that much faster than I achieve at any other time of the year. But then...the Philosopher and I were doing some rearranging and he asked if perhaps the "Yarn Couch" could return to being actual seating in our living room.

So picky of him. 


I started piling up the various (many) project bags that are lying around the apartment. Did I use the word "many" already? Hmmm, I did. I knew there were at least 10 projects; I wasn't expecting that the number was closer to 20 and that doesn't include projects that are done and need to go live elsewhere.  This large ribbon basket is STUFFED and I've actually put 3-5 more found projects on it since this photo. 

There is unlikely to be a need for me to start new projects to meet any kind of yardage goals for StashDash. There's *got* to be a solid 3K in there. Many of the projects are more than halfway completed, so I can even get the visceral reward of completing things early and often!

For the rest of May I have two goals: Goal 1, get all the finished projects out the door (more on that on another blog post); Goal 2, see what of these projects I can get closer along to finished--several of these are 1K projects in and of themselves, spending a couple of hours on each won't finish them up and I'll be that much closer to done.

There's a little side requirement in there of updating my Ravelry projects page and sort out just how many there actually are and have photographs. That's the goal anyway.

Maybe I could reach 7K this summer. Looking through everything, it might be doable. Of course, I still need to sort out what current project I'm taking with me to each of the two conferences I have coming up. Conference knitting is most important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...