Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Watermelon Time!


It's done! Last night, after only having to do the bindoff 1.75 times, I cast off my Hitchhiker Watermelon! I have officially *knit* some of the lots of yarn that has come in over the past couple of months. I didn't get the full 42 points that the patterns calls for; I'm somewhere in the 30s, but that's understandable with the heavier weight yarn. 


The yarn, as I've mentioned before, is from BaHYarns (Brenda and Heather) and it is their Slice of Summer (300 ish yards) and Extra Rind (150 ish yards) in the TargHeel (Targhee/nylon) Sport weight yarn.  The shawl took about 5 days to knit up on size 4 needles.  


It's incredibly cute. I need to block it still, but unblocked and just lightly stretched the top line is over 65" (my wingspan). It will look smashing next winter with a black winter coat, though whose winter coat is yet to be sorted. Right now it's going in the large bag of "things I got all the joy out of knitting."  Maybe I'll change my mind and keep it, that's happened before.  

Anyway, I think you should all go buy a Slice of Summer too! And get the extra rind.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...