Thursday, May 23, 2019

Calm Before The Race

It is the last few hours before StashDash 2019.  I have been rotating through projects and while nothing has gotten to the "one row left" level of almost finished, there has been an extensive amount of knitting completed and I am confident that this summer will indeed see a reduction in the number of works in progress at Chez Hedgehog.

To catch you up--- at present I am in California for a wedding.  That travel obligation resulted today in nearly three hours at the airport due to weather delays and a four hour flight next to a most charming but very chatty gentleman who was telling me all about his grandchildren and where best to go and eat in San Francisco when one is a visitor. 

Fortunately, Nim Teasdale does not ask me to count higher than 8, so I managed to add another 25 rows to this stunning beauty during the flight and while the Philosopher has been working on things here at the hotel. The majority of the knitting done on the shawl previously was while I was in DC with Andromeda I think, certainly it has been sitting neglected in it`s project bag for a couple of months.  Nice to have it out again and making serious dents in the wool. 

Unfortunately, I will not be able to get quite as far on it as I had hoped --I failed to remember that one goes up a needle size in another 17 rows and therefore did not pack them. It is unlikely anyone at this wedding will have a KnitPicks interchangeables kit with them. 


But you didn`t think I only packed one knitting project did you? Of course not. Those plain orange socks that have been lingering in my desk drawer are now nearly a whole sock and so they were brought along. I should be able to crank out another sock in the next few days. In anticipation of this high level of productivity, I even packed along this extra skein of Hundred Ravens yarn (seen here resting on her furriness).  So there might be a new project, but only if I manage to exhaust another 17 shawl rows and Sock Project #1. 

The orange shawl also got some love on Tuesday this week; I was at a local conference and I have now completed the "top leaf" section, which means I actually have to go back to the pattern and read it and find out what comes next.  I reached that point only a few minutes before I had to give a short talk about student privacy, which worked out nicely. 


And finally, here is where I am on AudioGirl`s shawl, which very much did NOT make the trip either to the one day conference or here to Cali. I am about 30 grams from needing to tackle two color flat brioche and I just do not think I can do that anywhere other than my livingroom, armed with a hot cup of tea.  

You may notice that the colors in Picture 1 and 4 of this post are similar-- the Teasdale shawl, Illumine, is being knit in the Total Eclipse of the Sun colorway gradient, which is also the third color that was in the Crow Moon kit.  It will be a very Blue Moon Summer when all is said and done and bound off. 

For those staying up until midnight to start Stash Dash with a loud bind off--good luck, I will see you in the chat threads and much later at the finishing lines.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...