Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Socks and Squares

I'm still slightly boggled that I only knit/finished 4 pair of socks last year. Granted, there's a pair on my side couch that really needs toes and that's about it, but 4? Still seems very odd.

Fortunately 2019 seems to be shaping up a little better. Here is Pair #1 - my New Years socks complete.



This is my standard 1x1 rib sock over 68 stitches on size 0 (2.0mm) needles. Flap and gusset heel, round toe. Very good autopilot socks. These will count towards Loopy Knights, so I'll be off shortly to post a picture there as well.  They very much look like the colors from Starry Knight. And they've already been designated a home, though I'll have to sort out transit there still.  I don't see that friend quite as often as I'd like. 

I was sorely tempted to spend a half hour winding up the next skeins of Rhichard Devrieze (also on the side couch, there's a lot of knitting over there) so I could start Pair 2, but instead I valiantly continued on: 


Yes, it's another square. So that shade on the bottom left? It renders WILDLY differently from in person to camera to computer to different computer. It's a vibrant shade of spring green called "Wasabi."  It's a little yellower than true wasabi, but that's alright. This is a Moderne Log Cabin baby blanket from the first Mason Dixon. I've got a few baby deadlines this spring.  

What I do enjoy about baby knitting is I don't believe parents need everything pastel or light or delicate colors. Let's go BRIGHT and let's use black and let's use Jewel Tones. The child will have plenty of pastel yellow and pink and blue floating about, one baby blanket in more "grown up" colors will do just fine.  Also the mom should be able to spot this one from across the park. 

I am about halfway thru Square 5, if you've made one of these. My hope is to maybe finish Square 5 tonight and Square 6 tomorrow. That'd get me entirely through the dark gray and approximately 2/5ths of the way done? I'm bad at percentages on this, especially as I tend to modify the pattern and add an i-cord border. You'll see it again soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...