Friday, January 4, 2019

Imaginary Points

I don't know why it never occurred to me that there would be robust Discworld community on Ravelry, but it hadn't until recently when Ravelry pointed to it as part of the announcement of the loss of a beloved designer.  Suddenly I find myself in the Librarian's Guild. 

I'm always amused watching Lala of The Knit Girllls videocast and BrineyDeep competing for imaginary points on the internet -- in the HP Knit and Crochet House Cup on Ravelry. But HP has never been my series so I felt no particular draw to participate.

Obviously, on the other hand, I have deep brand loyalty to The Loopy Ewe and I can be dragged into most things that Sherri and team suggest. So, as you've seen, I'm currently plugging away trying to get to 300 points so I can be a "Knight of the Loopy Table" ... for which I'll get: a pin and some extra points for their shop.


Here's Sock #1 for 2019 and it's charging right along. I had forgot how fast socks, even on size 0 (2.0mm) needles go when one consistently works on them during the commute (or waiting for the extremely overloaded inbox to load). I've just started on the heel flap. The yarn is Rhichard Devrieze, former dyer for Koigu.  This yarn by him is named Delightfully Decadent. I think it looks like I'm making Mardi Gras socks. Either way, the purple glows in the sunlight. 

And in addition, I am now apparently competing for points for the Ankh-Morpork Knitting Guild - Guild Wars. It looks pretty laid back-- continue knitting -- see if I can fit things into one of their prompts -- get points for the Librarians. Celebrate with banana bread?    

My goal for the 150 points I still need to get during the Spring Semester for TLE KotLT is to use entirely stash. At 10 points per 200 yards of completed projects, that means I'll need to knit somewhere around 3000 yards before the end of April. In qualifying projects that are at least 200 yards each. Also pretty much all of my TLE stash is fingering weight. Hmmmmmmm.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...