Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Sunshine on a Baby Day

BrineyDeep had her little girl a few weeks ago. New babies whose mothers do things like spin and knit their own sweaters are likely to be swaddled in some pretty decent wool, so this was a challenge. Fortunately, mothers who knit also tend to appreciate knitted things that they didn't have to navigate the cables on during those first few sleepless weeks.


Meet Lemon Britannia, complete with a shunning feline who has clearly never been petted ever. The pattern is Britannia by the brilliant minds of Tin Can Knits. It's sized available up to an adult and, as per their usual, is written very clearly. 

That does not mean I executed it clearly -- I had to rip back about four hours worth of work when I realized that I was doing what was, at best, a non-reproducible interpretation of the middle cable and there are a couple of placements of knit stitches vs. yarn overs that look... interesting. 



But on a baby as adorable as W, it's unlikely that lace work will be examined too closely.  


The yarn is BMFA Socks that Rock, Heavyweight in the Saffron Surprise colorway. It's wonderfully bright and yellow and just right for a cheerful wee sweater. 

Sweater and remnants (in case she grows out of her sleeves too fast) went to live with BrineyDeep last weekend.  It's a little big yet, but there's much winter still to come and then her big brother's sweaters will be waiting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...