Sunday, December 9, 2018

The Completion of the Ribbing

I finished the giant goldenrod hood/scarf!! It was delivered last week to it's wearer, seen below, my friend Viva. She put it on and was *promptly* warm.

Pattern: Hooded Wrap by Sabrina Judge
Yarn: (discontinued) Worthy in Ochroid by Blue Moon Fiber Arts, 4 skeins


Cashmere and silk will do that.  It's stunning on her, as expected and is about to be well loved and worn. I'm hoping she took it to DC to be fabulous at a meeting there, it'll be just the correct layering piece. 


Ultimately it ended up about 6 feet long, with the scarf ends past knee length on me (she's taller).  



The pattern was extremely simple and straight forward and only required a couple of ends to be woven in. It's perfect for alpaca, silk, cashmere and/or another hollow light yarn. I wouldn't want to do this in a worsted-spun yarn or a heavy wool.  And a Malabrigo single would felt by the time you were done with the knitting up. 

This was also my first entry for The Knights of the Loopy Table, Sherri and team's next ongoing shop-related knitting event. As this is well over 1000 yards (probably in the 1700 range all told) I get the highest number of points for using stash. So that's 50 points towards my knithood knighthood.  I need 300 total if I'm to achieve the highest amount and I'm nearly there for another 100 points this month -- more on that later . 

Oddly enough, yellow seems to be a theme this year--this wasn't the only yellow yarn floating about.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...