Friday, December 14, 2018

More...Yellow and a Return to Purple

I'm starting to be a bit worried about me. I bought more yellow yarn. Yes, it was to round out an order of purple yarn and yes, it's Hedgehog Fibre who I've been meaning to acquire some for a while now. But it's odd. Someone check my stash temperature? Who is this woman purchasing and knitting all this yellow wool?


What should be my last Loopy Ewe order of the year was a skein of Hedgehog Fibres Sock. It's a lot more muted than I expected --the wildcard colorway. Bright with sprinkles certainly but not the dayglo yellow I was anticipating from what was on their site. It's pretty -- we'll see how it knits up.  It's a thin yarn, definitely going to require small needles. 


Here's the other yarn from the package, from my year end Loopy Points, a skein of Wollmeise Blend in the Sundig and Verrucht colorway.  The blend is 20% cashmere and a sport weight skein that is 546 yards, I should be able to make something stunning out of that. The dark purple and black are gorgeous.  


So I'm probably not too far out of my usual colorways. And the HF is closer to my rainbow issues than outside of them also, so there's that... Interesting though this color swing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...