Saturday, October 6, 2018

Such Ideas, Very Wool

I always come into the fall semester believing that there will be time and joy and meetings I can knit thru. Then kicks in the reality of teaching students who are *very* hands on. I don't resent that at all, that's my job and I really enjoy engaged students. But it does mean at the end of the day I sit on the train, staring blankly out the windows, rather than actually knitting.

But while I'm getting thru a lot of set-in-the-early-20th-century-may-or-may-not-have-also-been-written-then British Murder Mysteries (Daisy Dalrymple, Maisie Dobbs, Miss Seeton, Miss Fisher, Detective Lavender, etc), I'm also having IDEAS. And PLANS.

In a brief moment between classes and consults the other day, I grabbed a notepad and wrote out a few projects that I want to make with yarn I already own or, um, may have recently purchased. Eight projects poured out. And most of these already have recipients in mind.  There's that yarn that I bought in Montreal, the yarn I was given by a friend, the yarn that was a supplemental purchase when I was working on something for AudioGirl. I want to knit all of it, right now. 


Some new BMFA found it's way here a while back. Korppi in Gaea. The Philosopher asked for a modification to his scarf/hat and that's going to need Gaea to do it properly. But I wasn't just going to get one skein, now was I? Not when there's a hat for me to also be knitting... 

And I'm working on a few baby projects because those need to get finished as well -- they are due here in the next few months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...