Friday, October 12, 2018

Twinset

A couple of years ago I went to one of the most joyous weddings I think I've ever attended. Two committed young women, supportive family and friends, and excellent food! The venue was fun, the dj was excellent, and everyone was so delighted. The Philosopher performed the wedding, so I had a couple of extra obligations that day in the minding category but even that all went quite smoothly.

Then they announced that they were expecting and not just one, but two babies! And as one of them knits, it seemed only appropriate that I get some baby sweaters on the needles for these two winter babies.




I've been meaning to knit a Baby Vertebrae for a while and here was a perfect opportunity. Designed as an open cardigan, the goal is to make it need slightly less washing when the baby spits up yet again all over their front, or to warm their back while they lay on a grownup for some skin-to-skin bonding time.

They turned out pretty adorably and I hope they'll be well washed, worn, used to wipe messy hands and faces, and outgrown fairly quickly. This was the 0-3 month size. With twins, I'm hoping that might carry them thru to April and the weather warming up just a bit. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...