Monday, June 18, 2018

A Brief Distraction From Squares

If I wave new yarn under my nose, it might take off the feeling of "yet another square?" right? I complain but actually the squares are going well and it's nice to just churn through them, not worrying too much about what comes next because I know.

I'm on track to finish Square 22 today -- it's Purple. And then I'll only have one more purple square to go (10 dark gray, 3 light gray, and 8 purple done so far). July is going to be all black and light gray.

Ah, I but I promised some new wool.

First up-- Graduation Yarn!!! 


That card is going on the refrigerator for a while -- four years of knitting my fingers off and to the deadline! 


Our graduate yarn was a skein of Dream in Color Jilly -- the singles cashmere base in a colorway just for us! It's very much Loopy Ewe colors. I have no idea what I'll make with it, though I've heard a couple of classmates mention Hitchhiker and that seems like a potentially reasonable option. I don't knit with singles all that much anymore, so I'll have to poke through the queue and see what to find. 

Also--there's yarn from Canada. My friend Lisa recognized this just from the skein labels, even without the dyer's name showing! I picked up two things -- a skein of DK and a gradient pack, both by Julie Asselin. 


The plan for the DK is to remake a hat that I knit a few years ago that went missing. I loved the pattern but wanted something a little more subtle -- so, gray.  And then the gradient pack is lovely. 


I've no idea what I'll do with it yet. It might get paired with something or it might just be beautiful on it's own. Either way, it's off to the stash to marinate for a bit. 

Perhaps the gray is a swing back from the all-rainbows-all-the-time we had going there for a bit? Perhaps. But I doubt it will last. I like rainbow BRIGHT yarn too much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...