Thursday, May 9, 2013

Sock Show Thursday: Charging Thru May

It's spring! It's spring! The daffodils and tulips are finally all in full blossom and yesterday I spotted a beautiful lawn of new grass and violets.

Violets are my very favorite flower. They're so delicate but with such rich deep color. I'm happy to see them on the lawns near Chez Hedgehog because it means that it's warm enough for them but we haven't yet hit the first round of lawnmowing, which always cuts their lifespan abruptly.

May's socks are rolling right along.  Gypsy and Pye were so good to help me as I tried to take pictures the other day. 

027
















While yesterday's commute home on the train (no air, forget cool, moving in that car; also broken train in front of us = lots of delays) was not ideal knitting time, I did soldier on.  This photo is a couple of days old, I'm now through the toe of Sock 1 and about an inch into the ribbing on Sock 2.  

026
















These are being knit out of Sanguine Gryphon and I very greatly enjoy the depth of color. Under the bright sunshine, these really pop!

Oh...and yes, I did finish the Philososix Socks. They are waiting, along with the Black and Teal socks and a few other projects, for me to have an ends-weaving evening.

032

At least the socks are keeping each other company.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...