Friday, May 10, 2013

Waiting for Dye

I did finish the sweater! It's my first official sweater, despite having talked a knitting student in La Crosse through one. I did make a shrug for a coworker's daughter once but that was a super bulky project and wasn't for me, so I'm not counting that either.

002

I bought this yarn for the excellent reasons of a) it was on sale and b) it was named after one of my favorite heroines: Elizabeth Bennet. It's from Yarn Love, who is no longer dying, in the Plum Cake colorway. Apparently plum cakes are a yellow cake.  Unfortunately, yellow cake and my complexion are not really good for each other, so I need to track down some sort of dye.

003

It's a cute sweater, perfect for summer. The yarn is 20% bamboo and 15% silk, which make it light and glossy. It doesn't close in the front, but it will do nicely over a tank top or light t-shirt for cooler summer evenings.

004

Just as soon as I get the ends woven in and it fully dyed.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...