Friday, April 19, 2013

Week-end

We got a lot of rain over the past couple of days here in my hood. The Philosopher, felines, and I are fine. I had some train trouble commuting yesterday morning but our building is on high ground and we're on the top floor so my greatest inconvenience has been wet feet and weather that, today at least, is trying to convince me that it is February rather than late April.

I did finally acquire a Philosopher foot and I've made a lot more progress on the second sock of the April pair, a good thing considering the date. I turned the heel during a meeting and now just have a gusset and foot to go. That should be very manageable within the next ten says.

Did I tell you I started the baby blanket for the Blonde? I know I mentioned the need to start. Anyway, I've ordered and received yarn from Webs and another log cabin has been cast on. Don't worry, this one looks very different from the first log cabin I did for her and I'm using yellow/orange/blue rather than orange/green/brown. I'm doing squares as I did for my own log cabin and am still debating how I'll piece them together. I've been thinking a three-needle bind off might be an interesting technique to try.

It's Friday and I don't have much more than that.... Wishing you a safe, happy, warm and uneventful weekend..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...