Friday, July 27, 2012



You. Yeah, you. C'mere.

I got some new stuff.  And it's good.

I *might* have gotten out of a last meeting for the day a few minutes early recently and perhaps I took the time to swing past Loopy Yarns on the way home. I really just went for some needles--the 40" size 6 needles so I can spread out the Color Affection shawl a little bit (little being operative word there) and another set of size 0 dpns so that I can get the blue sock off the needles before December. From what I can tell I've lost two full sets of size 0 dpns in the past month. They're not in project bags, they aren't in suitcases. I can't imagine the TSA was really that interested in my long wooden toothpicks...

Did you really think I could get out of the shop without perusing everything they had, exploring the sale bins, and remembering belatedly that there's a whole WALL of Miss Babs to be had?

Apparently I continue to be weak in the face of sock wool.

Meet Windsor, a skein of monochrome sock yarn, 80% merino, 20% nylon, 400 yards. It smells just sheepy enough to make me happy without the worry that I'm going to end up with lanolin all over my hands while I'm knitting. The color is perfectly named, reminding me of English china patterns.


This is as close as I could achieve color wise. Note the healthy spiderplant leaves in the background. I'm having a little trouble with a couple of my plants, I think I'm overwatering despite my feeling of never watering. Not the spider plant.  I have huge babies draping off of it and I just had to take off a giant shoot that was sprouting flowers and babies all of the place. There's only so much room in this cube.

I apologize for no finished sock pictures. The intention was to take them when I got home last night. Instead, I got home around 7:30, walked in the door, sat down on the couch to take my shoes off, and promptly fell asleep. Nothing--dinner, cat feeding (oops--just wet food, they're okay), more unpacking, pictures--happened except snoring until about 2 a.m., which was when I started jerking awake every ten-twenty minutes. I'm hoping to sleep past 6 a.m. tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

My Entire Dining Room Floor

Last night I was determined to finish AudioGirl's birthday shawl*. I'm leaving for a conference on Thursday and I couldn't face ...