Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Me and My Strange Candles

No, this isn't knitting related. Just amusing.

As you can probably guess by the name of the blog, I collect hedgehogs.  I have a number of figurines around Chez Hedgehog and the Incredibly-Patient-Mother is always on the lookout for unusual hedgehoggy things that might appeal to me.

This year, she founds some candles. The package had an owl, a squirrel and a hedgehog. I've been on a mission to actually use up candles (too many that I have in the house have gone through at least two moves, possibly three, which is at least one too many). So I set them up in the bathroom and lit the owl and the squirrel.














Well, at least you can tell it still looks like an owl. This is about an hour into the burn and the squirrel had started looking a little odd.


















If you look from the top, it's a little more apparent what the issue is....



















The squirrels eyes had started melting into the center.  It was really strange. Also incredibly funny. I went into the bathroom every 15 minutes or so to giggle over the squirrel.

Those two woodland creatures have now burnt out. I'm burning through a few other scented candles before the hedgehog goes under the match.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...