Monday, July 7, 2014

Hope is a Thing with Sweaters

If I have any hope of finishing my Stash Dash 5K this summer, I'm going to have to get these two sweaters done. They'll knocked out about 40% of my goal and I am going to need that kind of progress very soon, having only reached just over 25% completed.

When last we saw the brown sweater, wow, that's been a month ago already, anyway I was describing my ripping out of the body to reknit. I finished the body again, adding 4" of decreases over 5 inches and then increasing 1" for the ribbing at the bottom, and doing much longer ribbing. I used up the majority of the yarn that I'd originally used for the body, there's about a third of a skein that didn't get reused. Extra ribbing helped to eat up the yarn.

IMG_7149 (2)

All that's left now is one sleeve. This will require a bit of fiddliness, some attention actually being paid, possibly some row counting, and so it's been stuffed in a bag and left.  I was lamenting before of how many of these projects need just one thing to turn the corner to done and apparently the sleeve is it on this one.

I have made some progress on the Harvest Sky blue sweater. I'm most of the way down the body.

IMG_7158 (2)

I need to put it onto a 2nd needle so I can figure out exactly where it's sitting on me currently so I can decide how much longer to go before knitting the 4" of garter bottom edging. I have a long body, so I know I want more length than the body calls for. I could have done a bit of shaping here as well and, my luck, I may rip it back and do some doctoring but I think I'll mind a little shapelessness less in the cardigan than in a pullover.  I am already thinking about the possible need for a belt.

Here's the bottom half:

IMG_7162

And you can see I have one of my Wee Ones Stitch markers keeping me company. It's in the model of my nephew, the Bichon Frise--who has asked for a purple sweater this year for his birthday. Which is in 6 weeks. As I don't think I'll get the knitting I'd planned for his mother done by then, I should at least get his sweater turned out.

IMG_7167



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

An Eclipse Coming At You

I'd told you I ordered the "Total Eclipse of the Sun" from BMFA, but I didn't yet have a chance to share how beautifully i...