Saturday, November 14, 2020

Tea-Derailment

 As friends who follow on my Instagram will have learned last week (I'm @hedgielib over there if you need even more cat and yarn photos in your life), I apparently do not pay attention very well to size/weight of things when I'm ordering them online. 

For yarn, that's usually okay because I have so much of it. I know thereabouts how big a standard skein of DK weight yarn is in a "usual" put up (around 200-250 yards). I'm rather less adroit when it comes to remembering how that will multiply out for large projects, such that the arrival of a sweater lot from Lisa Souza earlier this spring was unexpectedly big -- but it's still yarn and like many other things; it's more that I bought six skeins rather than any one skein that's the issue.  4 ounces here, 4 ounces there, it's like a Sunday School Outing.*

However, last weekend was the International Virtual Tea Festival and your Local Hedgehog went rather silly in the vendors market.  It was only a few dollars for an ounce, I should try lots of 1 oz packages from different vendors! An ounce would be a teapot, maybe two, right? 

 


Several of my tea drinking friends are currently rolling on the floor laughing at me. I know this because the few I've spoken to directly have already been rolling on the floor laughing at me. *I* am rolling on the floor laughing at me. 

An ounce is a lot of tea. It's a commitment. Moreso than the commitments I usually make to coffee (1/2 lb of a given flavor until it has proved to be one I want regularly)  -- that is approximately 7-10 days of coffee in Chez Hedgehog. And I suppose if I were committed to drinking a couple of pots of day I might get through it that fast but at my current rate? Well let's just say I'm set for a while

Tonight's tea pot is Glenburn Lemon Ginger Green Tea. It's quite good and I would recommend it. They shipped shockingly fast and via Fedex. Very ginger forward, though the nose is heavy lemon. I added honey.  The Philosopher also enjoys this blend -- he drinks more green tea when drinking tea; but uses black for his entertaining experiments in kombucha. (I do not especially like kombucha -- that's been his pandemic science experiment.)

We'll return to your regular yarn content shortly.

*And...noises off

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...