Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Marking the Year End and 100

 I finally wove in the ends, so officially I've finished the 100th pair of socks that I've made.  It only took 15 years.  Fortunately, I have it well documented when I started with the Tsock Tsarina Sock 101 kit in summer 2008. 


A pair of green and gray handknit socks sitting on a computer keyboard. THe lighting is bad but the socks make me happy.


This picture is about 3 seconds before I put them on for a Christmas Eve event.  They are, keen eyed readers will observe, my favorite Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock base. It is unclear if I'll ever be able to get more of that from the dyer -- between health issues and mill issues -- BMFA STR might be a "only from people selling their stash" -- and why yes I did just have to stop myself going to see if I could acquire some. I'm fine, I have a lot. Especially at the rate I've been knitting this year.  

I also have my end of year amounts.  

A screenshot from Knitmeter.com that shows that I've completed 4297 meters this year.

This was surprisingly more than I realized I'd completed. I had some vague optimism about completing one more shawl and indeed in the past few days I've made a real dent. However, there are about 80 rows left and I have things planned to do other than knit for the next three days (seriously, what else should the week between Christmas and New Years be for??) 

My brain is finally quiet enough though that I have aspirations of all the knitting I will do in 2024. It will be multi-colored and brilliant. My yarn will FINALLY fit back in the stash boxes, and I will also find homes for the variety of things that currently don't have one.  

We shall see what actually comes to fruition but I have optimism and needles.  

Not the right needles, obviously. I need to get a few more. Also we need to talk about the yarn store I went to in Canada and and and and... 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...