Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Waiting for My Grad Grade

I've just uploaded my final Loopy Academy Graduate project for the spring! Now we wait for Sheri and the Elves to approve it and I can sign off another successful year.


Finishing a project for Academy is a multi-step process over here. There's the picture that gets uploaded to The Loopy Ewe; a complete and detailed Ravelry entry, posting in TLE Ravelry Forum so friends can cheer along, posting in another forum so I get my imaginary internet points.  Oh and the blog and Instagram. 


As usual, Nim Teasdale writes a beautiful pattern, easily followed and marked for choosing your size very clearly. This was the medium size of the pattern -- I managed to not go completely overboard and destroy my hands trying to get a larger size done.  The yarn is Qing Fibre (https://www.qingfibre.com/) in her merino/cashmere/nylon Super Soft Sock base. There are quite a lot of tiny beads on there as well, but it's hard to get them to show.


That's the best I can do -- beads are not speedy but they do get into a rhythm. I would work up to a bead row or just through a bead row, depending on what it was I had space for and then have sprints of plain rows between.  



The final project is a solid scarf. It'll be best worn with a winter coat, wrapped around a neck and sparkling just a bit in the winter sunshine. 


And yes, there's a dark spot on the shawl.  I'll get a glamour shot with the shawl on me or someone else shortly but getting these pictures up was my priority. There was an incident and a part of the shawl needed to be rewashed. Fortunately wool washes beautifully and is meant to be worn and washed and so that half of the shawl is reblocking and the culprit has been ineffectually chastised.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...