Saturday, April 11, 2020

The Chairs I Knit In

My knitting usually moves around a lot. I stuff it into my work bag and it goes on the train; my yarn project bags do double duty as an intermediate purse during the work day; holding keys and a spare pen as I go from meeting to meeting.  With far less physical travel happening, instead I move from chair to chair and project to project. This means no chance at project monogamy, except for that which comes from spending time in a certain spots. 


The "work" Honey Cowl, which is living on my desk in our office, has gotten the least amount of progress considering how often I'm near it. This is 2 weeks worth of work. I'm not even halfway.  Despite the constant meetings that I'm in, most of them require me to lead, teach, do, prep, etc etc and in between I'm frantically trying to keep my inboxes at bay. (I'm losing that battle -- no surprise there). 


The final project for Loopy Graduate Academy -- my beaded shawl. Oh right, I've not blogged this yet.  This is the Nim Teasdale Radiata pattern. I'm using Qing Fibers in the Supersoft Sock base (it has 10% cashmere!) and many many of the Caravan Miyuki beats, 6/0 in the "Transparent gray rainbow luster" color. I'm almost through my first tube of beads. Right now the plan is to make the medium-sized shawl. I'm about 40 rows in?  I am enjoying this a lot, after I got past repeating the beginning three times because I wasn't reading the pattern. (Nim, as always, is incredibly clear -- I was failing to notice where she'd given complete and accurate directions.)  Normally I'd say I'd use up as much yarn as I could and make the large or extra-large. But I only have another 20 days, most of which I need to work long days and I'm giving myself a pass. A medium will be beautiful and meet requirements. 

This only gets knit in the breakfast nook, though now that the beaded rows have spaced out it could potentially move. I doubt it though, knowing there my pattern, beads, bead hook, and extra stitch markers are and not needing to move to reach all any of that is important right now. 



The project getting the most attention right now is my couch while either Netflix or Zooming Honey Cowl. This is a mix of KimDyesYarn and YarnLove -- and I'm nearly done with the KDY --which is the variegated pink/yellow/brown/orange. Both skeins are really lovely and they work perfectly together. I'll then get to race through the rest of the dark brown yarn. I have to take a picture of the back --it's a really neat effect with the slipped stitches, much more subtle. 

I'm also planning a lot of knitting. I've got 4 projects planned for a soon as I finish any of these three and I may just give up tonight and work on a washcloth or two.  We shall see what holds my fancy or focus. 

I hope you are staying healthy, that you are getting time with your family, that you have some quiet time in all of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...