Friday, May 15, 2020

The Annual Planning for Stash Dash

It's the pre-start annual optimism of what knitting I'll get done during the three months of Stash Dash -- only this is the C19 Edition. 

Reality is mostly in place over here as I try to figure out what I'll be able to do this summer. I'm teaching an extra session of my data course, absolutely *nothing* work-related has slowed down, and my university is very aggressively Planning For Fall! --which means a lot of new expectations and collaboration as we all try to support our students, each other, our research, our healthcare enterprise... 


And I won't try to pretend my usual knitting mojo is up to speed. But a deep rummage through Chez Hedgehog revealed a surfeit of works-long-abandoned-that-could-be-finished-this-summer, as well as a decent amount of DK and worsted weight yarn that is destined to become hats. So I'm motoring through the first pair of socks I'll finish in 2020 and yet another Honey Cowl (see above -- that one is already spoken for btw).  I have one more week until things officially kick off and I would like to start with a Significant Amount finished in the first week. (Yes, imaginary points; No, I won't win anything but sending gifts out into the world. ) 

The chatter thread has started on Ravelry and it's lovely to see names and faces that I only see during this summer sprint, as well as a couple of Ravatars I recognize from Loopy Graduate Academy (Sheri posted all the pictures so I've successfully completed my year in Grad School!!). 

Summer plans so far

1) A green and brown shawl that has been lingering for nearly 5 years. I hit a block about it, set it down, and then waffled. For 5 years.  

2) A pair of fingerless mitts that are decently underway if not halfway done? 

3) The socks and the honey cowl already mentioned--that's my Friend Zoom knitting for this weekend.  

4) Many washcloths

5) Finish the two sweaters that are 1/2 way one -- one is worsted and one is bulky, these *really* should be fairly quick

6)  Two other shawls that are started but need some significant time

7) A shawl for which the yarn is only wound and for which there is a plan and a deadline 

8) Two pairs of colorwork mitts that are started and need detailed attention 


And that's just the WIPs running around the house -- minus the one shawl. Be Ambitious! Over-ambitious!  Didn't I say something several paragraphs ago about recognizing that I am very very busy with work and at some point I have a variety of household things I'd like to get done and oh, I'm cooking a lot more because home and laundry is never ending? 

Bring on the audiobooks, a hedgehog has things to do.  


(The pile of washcloths waiting for me to get to Stash Dash Day 1 where I can finish their final rows and count the yardage!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...