Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Imaginary [Knitting] Points on the Internet

I'm used to working from home in order to get some actual research and writing done, but the world has brought all of my work home with all of the disruptions. Meetings, email, colleagues touching base -- all needed, all welcome -- but finding time for consistent writing and thinking is definitely at a premium.  It also means my Process Knitting is -- not exactly failing me but not working the way I expect it to. Such it is that  my Product Knitting, My Loopy Graduate Academy Work has been everything.





My colleagues can verify that I carry knitting around a lot, even if it's just me with a project bag. My little woolly familiar, there as a conversational starter or for 10 minutes between the meeting that ended early and the next one. Over the years what the project is has evolved, though socks are still the most common. Most recently it's been the Honey Cowls (yes, I started Cowl #4 and #5) and a floral/star shaped washcloth pattern.



Only, that's not the right knitting for right now, apparently. I tried to start another washcloth and ripped out the first wedge three times before just setting it aside. The world has gotten harder and so too apparently must my knitting.

But I am vaguely deadline driven (see also Stash Dash and my annual Who Decided It Could Be Christmas already every year), so I had to get things wrapped up and finished for getting my imaginary points.  The shawl is the second of three to finish my Loopy Grad Year.  I have the third project yarn wound - I just have to dig it out and knit it in the next 30 days. Proved I could do it in December, right? Totally a thing. Shhhhh, ignore the part where I have to also use beads. Shhhh.

And also these go into my Ankh-Morpork's Knitting Guild where your favorite Hedgehog continues to be a Librarian. (ook) Finished projects for the quarter were due by the 31st.  So April 1 starts fresh -- except the honey cowls. Those are just forever and ever.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...