Sunday, January 19, 2020

It's Not Entirely Sea Turtle FA's Fault

Have I discussed my extremely vague Knitting Goals for 2020? I've tried knitting resolutions year over year and at the end of the year I always end up laughing at what I thought I specifically would accomplish.



This year isn't much different, there are some vague plans and intentions.  The one I always fall back on "to have space in my yarn bins."  A reasonable goal, right? If we don't count the 50 skeins that already don't fit in the bins that are stuffed around Chez Hedgehog. And this goal might have been off to a slightly better start if I weren't focused on (1) a baby blanket that at most will use up three skeins and (2) the hot pink dental floss skein that isn't ever actually approaching being in the bins. 

The arbitrary goal I set for myself and my knitting in 2020 was to get my number of Ravelry entries down to 150.  Will this actually help with the space in the knitting stash? Theoretically yes. It'd be a minimum of 50 skeins out of the stash, which if I purchased nothing else would mean that the things I presently own would mostly fit into the bins, right?  Of course, if I'd just finish that giant afghan that has been on the needles for umm... does anyone from New York remember if I was knitting a pink afghan before I moved to Chicago the first time? 



And of course, getting the count down means knowing what the count is to start.  This isn't number of skeins or length of yarn -- I'm not even sure I want to contemplate those numbers even as, yes, Ravelry will very nicely calculate them for me.  Just Ravelry entries. I have a lot of single skeins...

I'm at 218 entries. That number on January 1 was 211. I am going in the *wrong* direction, y'all.

The pictures here are two of the new skeins that have followed me home and become their own Ravelry entries. Together, they are only about 450 yards. (Only she says, hahahahahah).  And both skeins are gorgeous. I found Sea Turtle Fiber Arts on Instagram and her color sense is stunning.  The worsted base (Gray above) is particularly delicious. 

Part of me wants to pull out all single skeins above fingering weight and just Cast Them All On.  The rest of me is remembering that I have two bins overflowing with current projects and I need to finish *something* / *ANYTHING* before I fling more into the rotation.

But a hat would be quick, wouldn't it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...