Tuesday, January 14, 2020

I Promise I'm Just a Really Dedicated Fan

You've heard me rave about Stitched by Jessalu (1) before -- and here I will again. Theoretically I'd say I use these bags til they fall apart but honestly, all the ones I have are extremely well made and haven't yet really shown much wear, despite being stuffed into work bags, hauled all over the world, and so on. 

I tend to keep an eye on Jess's shop for hedgehog fabrics, of which she's had several. When she announced last fall that for all of her Fall Events would have this Hedgehog Hearts Print there was some brief gnashing of teeth. I wouldn't be at those events. What if she sold out? What about ME, I inwardly whined. This was of course as I was stuffing projects into the myriad beautiful project bags that I already own. 

And then it happened. Transferring between two trains one day, my project bag got lost. I called our public transit -- no one had turned it in. At best, I think that the clip I was wearing pushed open and the bag got left behind and the person tidying up the train didn't realize it held a just started sock project.   My beloved Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock bag -- the one joke I actually took away from Big Bang Theory -- it was gone.(2)  

The yarn was BMFA STR. I could replace that. Tina and team are still dying that color (Chasing Flamingos). [That said, I haven't replaced it yet... I probably should before it rotates out. Waiting on my Socks that Rock Rockstar yarn first.]

Sadly and just a bit frantically, I had WOE about this on Instagram (hedgielib if you want to see more cat and yarn photos). And Jess, being the lovely and excellent seamstress that she is, said But Wait, She Might Be Able to Replace the Bag.  



Jessalu to the rescue!! Behold my new box bag! 2nd verse, same as the first and yes, it's identical to the original and has already been pressed into service.  



Of course because I was already being dreadfully cheeky getting this replacement, I also inquired about the hedgehog love print -- as her fall shop hadn't yet reopened in face of wrangling events and pre-holiday things.  To my delight, she had not sold out!! So along with the RPSLS bag, I got a "Large Box" -- which is more of a 2-3 skein sized project bag, still in the very sturdy rectangle shape and with a handle. 


This is presently carrying the hot pink dental floss project, which does not leave Chez Hedgehog because I am not about to misplace, dump my coffee over, etc the 5000+ stitches I have already done on Aello.  But it has hedgehogs and hearts and it makes me happy. 


Gypsy likes it too.  


(1) Stitched by Jessalu just had a spring update, including some of the hedgehog bags and some that have Star Wars fabric last I looked.  

(2) Ask me sometime if you see me in person, I can indeed do the entire RPSLS hand gestures sequence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...