Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Getting There...

 AudioGirl's shawl continues apace.  I keep trying to remind myself that this is a 1600-ish yard shawl and it was four skeins of wool on April 17.  I still have almost a week before we hit the two month mark and I'm on the final skein. 


I did measure it this morning while it was laid out on the dining room floor -- the most flat space that exists at Chez Hedgehog -- and I have about 2 more inches of brioche before I can bind off.  I'm not sure how much of the skein that will use, quite a fair amount, but I think I'll have more leftovers of the pale yellow than I did of the other three skeins. I knit those to the last possible full row inch with great success.  

The goal is that the pale yellow only section will mirror in width the dark blue section at the beginning.  This is currently only being knit while at home, it's a little too large and cumbersome for commute knitting.  

The brioche did end up going from two color to one color in brioche. I used the incredibly useful Unapologetic Knitter's video for a refresher on how that works. One of these days I'll have to also sort out doing brioche that travels and increases/decreases properly.  

Sock knitting continues in the background as usual.  The magic time warp that finishes up all of my current projects and leaves me with nothing but yarn, empty needles and potential hasn't happened yet but I'm still hopeful. 

In the interim, a certain small gray cat (and tortie co-partner in crime) had a very healthy and dull vet visit this morning.  Annual physicals just as we like them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...