Sunday, March 3, 2013

Things Unseen

The Code4Lib socks may be permanently missing. The last place I remember seeing them was a bar, which isn't a good sign. I don't really mind about the sock or even the needles, though that was my circular size 0 9" and might also have been DPNs, I'm not sure.  I do mind that the bag was a custom run one done by a seamstress in NC who isn't making them anymore.  I still have to call the bar but I'm not especially hopeful. The bag also could have ended up in the cab we took home or on the sidewalk by the bar....

I did finish AudioGirl's stockings and they've gone to her, sadly without a final picture. Two years ago I gave her three pair of handknit socks for her birthday and we promptly had the mildest winter we've had in years. She never wore them. I assume that finally finishing the boot/socks means that spring will be here by the end of the upcoming week.  The Philosopher and AudioGirl have assured me that they would be okay with this. 

I've been working from home for a couple of days trying to get a better sense of my current obligations, time needs, etc.  It involves a lot of post it notes and eventually I'm told a project management system. The Philosopher is trying to get something built that I can use but as I expect that to take another month or two, I'm trying to find some stop gaps.  What all those will be and how that will work is as yet unclear.  

I was feeling sad about not having any new shiny yarn of late and then AudioGirl called. Smiley's Yarns in New York is having a sale on Filatura Lanarota Wool Sprinkles.  It's $.99/skein, which means a long sleeve sweater could be had for about $12. As neither of us needs 5 new sweaters, we paired together. So I'll have some new yarn to show you soon. 

I also went digging around in the stash, trying to feel inspired, and decided on the next dozen or so pair of socks that are coming up.  So apparently I don't need any new sock yarn just yet. I have cast on a replacement third pair for the year in case the other blue socks don't show up.  I'm only about 2 inches into the cuff, with a row here and there between my research data drudgery.  

Which...I should get back to. I've got another 446 emails in that inbox to deal with (down from 730!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...