Monday, June 13, 2022

It Would Have Been Convenient To Know

 I might be done knitting Honey Cowls. Perhaps. At least, I appear to be taking a hiatus. Possibly. I'm curious to find out whether it sticks past a few days. 

The Honey Cowl charge started just before the pandemic hit -- I finished my Pigeon Blue cowl in February of 2020. And it has absolutely been the don't-need-to-concentrate project for the past two years straight, resulting in me having now finished a total of 21 honey cowls. 

Detail shot of a Honey Cowl knit out of green and orange yarn.

These have been gifts and things I kept for me and also sent off as fundraising raffle prizes for two rounds of Romancing the Vote.  There's a small pile of them over *points* there waiting to find out their final destiny.  One this pictured above, a second one knit from the orange and green that I got from Stranded Dyeworks a couple of updates ago. Excessively fall. 

Not my best photo -- it's a quick picture of a honey cowl from Sea Turtle Yarn. The main color is black with pops of bright green and blue. Looks like an 80s toy.

But I noticed as  I was charging through number 21 -- Sea Turtle Fiber Arts in her DK and isn't this colorway just funky and remind you of a light bright? I noticed I was fading out. I wasn't sure I wanted to knit another one. 

A close up shot of that 21st cowl -- it's a quick picture of a honey cowl from Sea Turtle Yarn. The main color is black with pops of bright green and blue. Looks like an 80s toy.

And I say it would have been convenient to know because if you'll recall last Saturday's post, you'll note that I just bought six more skeins of DK. Could I knit other things with them? Obviously yes. But did I pretty much have knitting more honey cowls in mind when I pressed purchase? I did. 

THe 20th Honey Cowl I made -- green and orange yarn from Stranded Dyeworks.

So how is that going to shake out?  Well, I'll admit that a part of me really wants to knit 25 of these -- just to say I hit that nice arbitrary number.  The six skeins that just came in would be 22, 23, and 24 and I could pull two skeins of fingering weight or rummage around and find two complementary skeins of DK in the stash and finish up.  

But for now, we're in a holding pattern on Honey Cowls. 

(Yes, I immediately alerted AudioGirl when I noticed how I was feeling. She suggested I knit a sock and see how I felt afterwards.) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...