Thursday, June 16, 2022

Sock Show Thursday

 Remember when I was knitting so much and particularly so many pairs of socks that I had to dedicate an entire day just to sock knitting on the blog? Remember when I had the capacity for writing enough that I could blog multiple times a week let alone a month? (Why yes, yes I'm batch writing earlier in the week because my brain is willing to write today and I feel like writing about things that are not the world at large or something related to libraries or data.) 

Anywho -- while we're not yet provably back at 2010 levels of knit blogging, we are back to sock knitting and I'm feeling reasonably good about it. 


My friend Jess and fam were in town recently and I was able to spend some quality time with them -- which meant the necessity of some Really Good Yarn and Sock Knitting. This yarn, from Blue Moon Fiber Arts in the Socks That Rock Lightweight base, is in the Let Your Lovelight Shine and it is gloriously bright. Obnoxiously glow in the sun bright. Which is why I have absolutely sprinted through these socks. It helps that BMFA STR continues to be one of my most favorite ever bases of yarn. Some days, in addition to trawling through what colorways Tina has on her site presently, I'll rummage through the For Sale on Ravelry section and consider whether it's truly irresponsible to just buy *all* the STR up? I mean, other people are selling it. Another 20-30 skeins would be fine, right? I would love all of them. 


While I expect those previous socks to be done post-haste, these have been malingering. And I'm not entirely sure why. It could just be that it's size 0 needles (2.0 mm). It could just be a muted rainbow wasn't exactly what a girl needed when this spring was dreary as all get out.  

The yarn is from Countess Ablaze -- their Ministry of Truth Twisting Colorway, which was a rage colorway last year from finding out about all of the misrepresentations about following lock down law in the UK.  It'll be a lovely pair of socks. But they are going so slowly. I'm just finally through the decreases on foot 1 and I know I'll need to instantly cast on sock 2 so these don't get set aside indefinitely. 

It is, fortunately, stash dash and every yard helps, so I'm off to see if I can get some extra yardage in on these socks and also for the Ankh-Morpork Knitter's Guild. The Librarians of Space and Time wait on no one and I don't wish to be overdue. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...