Sunday, February 27, 2022

The Easy Stuff

Spring semester is taking it's usual toll on me and my students and when you add *waves at everything* -- it's difficult to pull together enough brain cells to think about yarn related projects. As per expected result then, I'm back in my deep comfort zone of knitting. Fortunately, yarn continues to be beautiful. 


There's sock knitting!! It tells you something about my object permanence that when I was fussing around with the project bag I pulled out -- to my own surprise -- the first complete sock. Thigns I apparently knit in January.  It's nice to be back on the sock train again, though considering I'm hoping to get at least 10 pair done this year, I need to speed it up just a smidge.  


But as probably anticipated, most of my time is back on more honey cowls -- these three are No. 17-19.  The first was absolutely some of the softest merino I think I've ever used. I honestly thought there was cashmere in the yarn and was stunned that there wasn't. The yarn is from Oink Pigments and the colorway was an Indigenous fundraiser -- Soil Mates. 


Just freshly off the needles is the glowing example using yarn from Black Cat Fibers. I'd bought a couple of their riotously colored skeins at a YarnCon past and decided to go get some of their black yarn so I could ensure it was the same base. This absolutely flew by - it helped that I had to take a plane and a good way to keep my hands busy in the air is to be knitting. I expect this one to be highly fought over and am curious who pops up looking very hopeful about it. 


The third is just underway and it's more Black Cat Fibers. Again, such bursts of color and this pattern is doing exactly what I want -- highlighting the colors and not losing them or muddying due to everything being close together.  

I also finished a hat for the Philosopher from some BMFA but he's been wearing it and so I don't have a picture. I know, the audacity. 

I also updated my KnitMeter account and I was pretty pleased to see that I'm past the 1km for 2022 before the end of February! Last year about this time I was in one of those multi-week spans where I didn't knit at all so this feels better. Or it's me being so unable to process everything else going on in the world and the giant disaster known as my inboxes and to do list that the only thing I can do is knit round and round. 

One of the two.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...