Wednesday, December 16, 2020

There Will Be 12

When AudioGirl heard that I'd finished Honey Cowl #11, she immediately understood and remarked that of course, there must be a twelfth one this year.  Whatever other projects I finish up in 2020, a full dozen Honey Cowls had to be among them. 

Ball of black yarn with purple accents


She knows me so well. And the yarn for this last one of 2020 obviously needed to be special. I have yarn designated for a few more -- these have been well received as gifts and several other people have made "you know..." noises in my direction.  They are great meeting knitting when I get the increasingly rare meeting I'm not running or taking really active notes. 

That picture is the last third of Skein 1 of 2. Skein 2 is sitting next to it but my very yellow overhead light keeps blowing out the image and I wanted to write tonight rather than tomorrow, so details it is.  This is Seismic Yarn on her Butter Sock DK base in the Raven colorway.  I am really impressed with her as a dyer -- a lot of interesting work with black skeins that have a pop of color and really saturated colors. 

It's December 16th already and I'm still working away at my 20km that I decided was a good idea six weeks ago. Having several large projects nudge me ahead certainly didn't hurt and I'm somewhere around the 1100 meters to go. This cowl will be 450 of those.  If it wasn't a holiday break next week, I would be more concerned but I think 600 meters in the final 12 ish days of the year shouldn't be too bad. 

Black and purple knitted cowl project still on the needles



I say that now; I'm also rummaging through my works in progress for a hat/mitt set that I know is around here half done and which would add a very solid 300 meters and also a hat that is nearly done that would be another 100 -- I think that just needs the decreases and surely I can get that wrapped up.  

And then it'll be off to the 2021 races. I already have ideas.... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...