Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Joining Beautiful Colors

**I'm working from home for an indefinite time, which means a lot of video calls and so much email.  To quote my dear friend Claudia: Bleibt Gesund. Stay Healthy.**

Dear Kay and Ann,

When, a couple of years ago, I saw you knitting endless Honey Cowls, I have to admit I wasn't on board. A slip stitch cowl wasn't very exciting, and would I actually wear or give them to people?  I should of course have known better.  I'm on my third one in four weeks and the plan for more hasn't yet slowed. 


I finish this one about 10 days ago and pretty much everyone I know has suggested that you know, if could come live at their house, if I have an extra. If I could have gotten more yarn from KnittinBro in this colorway, I would have. 


He dyed a beautiful colorway that just glows in the sunlight. It's a dark rainbow and will be perfect for winter days next year.  This was an ideal pattern for it as well. Right now it's being blocked and then I have to make the horrible determination of it's final home.  


And I'm almost done with this third cowl, which is being knit from YarnLove's Goldilock DK in the the Shiny Penny and the Copper Canyon colorways. You can see I chose to fade these together.  The goldilocks has cashmere and this has been another glorious knit. 


It's pooling a bit but honestly it looks like a natural rock you might pick up with it's splotches of blue and orange and brown. Stunning really. It's been years since I got some new YarnLove yarn -- possibly since I lived in La Crosse and I was so delighted to find her again. These two skeins I picked up with a few others during her Leap Day sale.  

Anyway, thanks for talking about the Honey Cowl and reminding me of it enough that I could use it for these beautiful yarns

Abigail 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...