Monday, August 3, 2015

The End is in Sight

We're down to the last two weeks of Stash Dash 2015 and I am still not done with my 5K. The good news, however, is that I'm further along than I thought.  In my head I still had about 1200 yards to go and that's a very daunting amount--somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 pair of socks to knit in two weeks. It's doable but maybe not while also keeping my sanity and working on anything else.

Then I checked my Ravelry Stash Dash tab and found that I really only needed about 600 meters more! I've finished a couple of projects recently that haven't shown up here yet but they just need blocking and that's fairly quick, all things considered.

Still, the idea of another 700 yards in fingering weight seemed not perhaps my best idea, so I looked through the stash for some heavier yarn. What I came up with was a cone of worsted cotton, that last of it's weight in my stash (I still have lots of bulky cotton yarn). And with the new laws in my area about plastic bags (either a cost or not available at all) I'm sure there are a few more people looking for reusable bags.

2015-08-03 09-56-01.760

And so once again I'm tackling the one crochet pattern I've been able to learn: grocery bags.

They go very quickly, eat up a lot of yarn, and are immediately usable.  According to the pattern, one bag should take up about 150-200 yards, so I should get about 3 bags out of the cone and those should be pretty easily done this week, which would give me an extra week to finish out any shortages that I come across.

Next week I hope to get back to the big project I just started-- a sideways shawl that is going to take about 1200 yards of fingering weight yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...