This was a ridiculously long project. 480 yards cotton that seemed to be one of those infinite amounts quite a few times...
It is finally finished, blocked, and actually dry and folded up waiting to go into the gift bin.
It was long enough that I broke out one of the new blocking mats that I got for Christmas. [Just as soon as the Philosopher and I get all of our stuff in the dining room sorted again, I need to put all of them down and block all of my shawls.]
I still find the color shifts on the pink end too abrupt for my liking.
But the red and brown faded together nicely
Here's a more red look
And then into the browns
And this is what I had left. Something around 10 yards? I could have knit a few more rows but I didn't feel like stretching it when I got to the garter rib ending and I figure a few yards leftover don't actually hurt anything.
The pattern, Upstairs by Wollschnegge, was easily and clearly written. This can be memorized in a few repeats. I left stitch markers in mostly to improve my semi-autopilot knitting. I only did 39 stitches, if I knit it again [shudder] I might made it one more repeat wider.
Sweater body is almost done again, I'm on the ribbing and new socks to show you tomorrow!
My obligation knitting for this spring comes in the form of a couple of crib sized blankets for some friends' imminent arrivals. When I ...
Make sure you give back. Such a common phrase, such a polite idea. And so insidious. Give.... Give to your profession. Make sure you...
Okay, so there might be a few ends to be woven in still... maybe, but the blanket is DONE. I could put it on the bed and sleep under it exce...
Being out of Loopy Academy Homework has left a strange deadline hole in my life that SEVERAL pregnant friends are attempting to fill. Yes, ...