Wednesday, April 10, 2013

It's Got Polkadots on the Inside

Small box bags are one of my very favorite knitting accessories. I love putting yarn into them for the first time, loading a couple of spare ones so that if I need to grab a knitting project and run I'm all prepared* and there are so many great fabrics being used by the various makers.

When my Abbie Bag went missing earlier this year, I took it as a sign that it was time for a couple of new bags to enter into the rotation. I'd heard a lot about Stitched by JessaLu Bags before and this seemed an idea time to try one out. I have, unfortunately at this point, missed out on the Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock bag. I hope she gets more of that fabric because I seriously want one. 

Having lost that opportunity, I went for a hedgehog bag instead. I actually have another bag that my friend GSK made for me in La Crosse that uses this same fabric and it's one of my very favorite for large projects, especially in the summer. It doubles nicely as a small purse. But now it was all box bags.  

Jessalu Bag

Isn't it cute? It's a little more rectangular than I'm used too but still very roomy.  

Hedgehog Jessalu

I like the matching fabric handle and the maker tag.  What really impressed me though was the density. Flipping it inside out, I could see why. JessaLu uses batting between her main and lining fabric.

Jessalu Inside

It hasn't been put to the test yet but I spent about 2 hours winding up yarn for more socks the other day, it's time is coming.... 



*You do this too, right? Don't you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...