I finished The Loopy Ewe Academy First Semester! I've submitted and am waiting on getting my pictures approved and posted to the galleries. I assume if there's any question/problems, they'll let me know.
You've seen projects 1 and 2 already: the DK-weight hat from a designer new to me and a multi-color fingering weight cowl. (See below for additional small pictures)
When the Incredibly-Patient-Mother was visiting last weekend, I pulled out the mittens I was making for Academy and finally put the thumbs on them. I'll sit down and go through all manner of things and leave them a couple of hours waiting-- witness those fingerless gloves from last week.
These are the Eugenia Mittens by Mollie Woodworth, which is a free pattern on Ravelry. I used size 4 (3.5 mm) and size 6 (4.0 mm) needles. The hands took a bit of concentration, but it's worsted weight so it goes so fast you don't really notice it. The cables, all told, are 40 rows.
The yarn I used was Mrs. Crosby's Steamer Trunk in the Great-Tailed Grackle colorway. This yarn is so luscious. It's dense and squishy and rounded. I cannot recommend it highly enough for accessories. I'm sure it would make a lovely sweater as well, but I've got quite a lot of sweater quantities floating around at Chez Hedgehog to knit up before I can justify buying a whole lot of Mrs. C.
Overall, I'm pretty thrilled how first semester went. I made two projects for myself and gave one away. I'm looking forward to seeing what we'll need to do for the second semester, and maybe getting it done a little bit earlier than a two weeks before deadline. Maybe.
Here's the cowl again, just before it went to live with Lab Mouse.
And the hat, which I've now accidentally left in a bar and had to retrieve already! I need more winter hats.