Monday, May 19, 2014

Countdown to 5K

I've been plowing through projects but not finishing anything, saving it all up for the 5K kick off that starts on Friday with the KnitGirllls.  Currently I have waiting...
  • sweater with no sleeves (the body is bound off!)
  • a pair of socks missing about an inch of foot and the toe of Sock 2
  • I'm almost through the leg of Sock 2 on the Emergency Work Socks
  • I started a pair of fingerless gloves and am getting close to making Thumb 1
  • I need to start the decreases on a hat
  • Cotton waiting for me to make more washcloths

And that doesn't include the stuff actually languishing--mitts and an afghan leap to mind.  

The other thing I'm working on though, slogging through really, is this color change scarf.  This is the one I re-started about a month ago: Upstairs in the Candy Shop (Rav link: http://ravel.me/PhireAngel/u1).
Today I started the fourth section of color. There are a total of nine sections, so I might get to halfway if I work on it a lot tonight. You can see the redder rows there by the needle. I'm onto 3 plies of red and 1 ply of pink now. 



It's coming but I'm not dreadfully excited about it. Maybe the brown will help?  I had bought the yarn with a very specific friend in mind but at this point I'm not sure if it's still her taste and we haven't really been close in five years... I know the pink isn't my taste, too pale. 




And if I can get slogged mostly through by Friday, which seems actually a possibility, I could spend the weekend really getting things finished and have made quite a dent in the 5K.  












I keep looking at my stash and hoping I can get it down a little. I do love all of the yarn, but it's hitting obligation point.  I was eyeballing sweater patterns again and thinking maybe I should go ahead and cast on another sweater. I have been very carefully *not* buying anything from the Webs Anniversary Sale because of all of the sweater quantities floating around the stash.  If I could get some of that turned into actual things I could wear next winter, that would be no bad thing...and then I could buy more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...