Saturday, May 24, 2014

It's all blues to me

Yesterday officially started the 2014 Stash Dash and while I'd hoped to get something bound off on the first day, I got sidetracked by a surprise visit from the Brunette. He and I spent the afternoon enjoying the sunshine and the fried plantains at 90 Miles Cuban Cafe in my old neighborhood. The food there is always so amazing.

Such it was that I couldn't get back to my knitting until today, but I finished two projects to make up for it.

First up, the Philosoleven Socks.  It's planned, currently, that this will be his last pair of socks for a while. He's much more interested in triangles right now.  I still need to get a picture of the 2nd triangle, I put it through the wash with a new pair of jeans and the colors have muted nicely, but it's also fuzzed out a little.

IMG_7024 (2)

These were done on 1.5 (2.5mm) needles and were April/May socks. They've been languishing in wait of a final toe but now they're off to the sock drawer in anticipation of next winter.  His very full sock drawer, I might add. This puts me back on track for twelve pair of socks in 2014, making a fifth completed pair. The Emergency Work Socks are home and I've got one more pair just started, so I should make that pretty easily.

Gypsy helped provide today's cat fur. She had an exciting week with getting her teeth cleaned on Thursday. That was a first for both of us and the Philosopher and I are hoping to find some cat treats that will help it mean that it's not a regular thing. She was really loopy when she came home from the vet and has been a velcro cat ever since. I think she was really worried when I left her there.

IMG_7026

Currently she's sitting behind me on the couch complaining that I have not yet provided dinner, because it is not yet 5 p.m. At least, not in my time zone.

That used up about 3/4ths of a skein of BMFA Mediumweight, so around 285 yards.  I just checked my Knitmeter (see widget on the blog homepage if you're reading elsewhere) and I've nearly knit 4K of yarn so far this year.  Plenty still to go, though....

Second was another Sockhead Hat that's been around the house for a few months. Ray's friend C was openly coveting his blue hat over the winter and as I still had a half skein of Malabrigo sitting around, I cast it on very passively.  It got worked on here and there and today I did the decreases and cast off.  It was done on size 2 (2.75mm) needles and is headed for the gift bin.

IMG_7030 (2)

IMG_7029 (2)

Pye is just out of frame on those, but trust me, she's around and nosy. The few hours Gypsy was at the vet were the first time she's been alone in the house without her and she was very determined to keep me in sight at all times.

Now to see about sweater sleeves...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...