Almost Awake

I've been really really tired of late. Anytime that I'm not actively in "must do x" mode, I've been asleep. There's a weird post-exhaustion thing that's getting me through days and activities; it feels kind of like college again. Down a cup of coffee, pretend that the tired doesn't exist, pull on some kind of reserves that didn't seem to be there half an hour ago when I crawled out of bed, and get through. Unfortunately, this then means a tendency to come home and become a small heap of hedgehog on the couch or bed.  My housekeeping is suffering for it.

I had pretty high ambitions today: move AudioGirl and then some scrubbing at home. We did accomplish the move, but when I arrived home I had a light snack and then a two and a half hour nap. Now I'm eyeballing all the patterns. I finally purchased a shawl pattern I've been planning on starting for weeks.  I also identified a pattern that will be a nice cardigan from yarn that AudioGirl and I bulk bought earlier this year. You'd think finding a raglan worsted weight cardigan that looks like ti will do well in a tweed would be simple.  You'd think.

I also have plans for at least two other shawls and a half a dozen other things I want to start *RIGHT NOW*.  Can we tell it's fall? And that I'm procrastinating on twenty other things I should be doing? And that watching Netflix in bed while doing a little shawl knitting sounds far more up my speed this evening than some vigorous bathroom scrubbing?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting Adjacent

There had better be time on the plane...

You Should Too...