Sock Show Thursday: Once More Into the Fray

I haven't been knitting a lot recently. Part of it was Lent--where I needed to resist the new, ooh, shiny; part of it was a ridiculous amount of work that's come up recently; part of it was general other stuff.  Life happens, right?   Of late I've had a lot of obligatory feelings about knitting and that's frustrating. I don't want my hobby to feel obligatory, it's one of the reasons I don't knit much for other people who are not blood. Sure, the 9 pairs of socks I gave to other people might belie that a little but I've been in a wallowing frame of mind where I didn't want to knit for anyone else. But not knitting makes me grouchy too. I need the repetition and calm of knitting, particularly when work is getting ever crazier--though I suppose it's good that it's getting busy in ways that are not meetings where I can knit because that generally means we're getting more done.

Anyway, I did have one such meeting the other day and I had a new ball of wool and needles with me.













Thus it begins, the return to wool.  There was a staff meeting this afternoon that I could knit through too.  I got a lot more done there.

Untitled


This is Lamb's Pride Superwash Sportweight. I bought it at What in Yarnation in Minnesota when the library and knitters paired up to do a yarn store crawl.  I'd intended to make a pair of toe up socks with it but for right now I'm just on my usual 2x2 rib. Baby steps back into my comfort zone. It's on size 2s and I have two skeins so I'll be making 8-9" cuffs.

One more obligation deadline coming up soon, so I have to do that this weekend. But after that I need to find something that really makes me happy to knit again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting Adjacent

There had better be time on the plane...

You Should Too...