Off the Needles: Young Woman at Conference....

One cannot, positively cannot, sit through conference sessions without something in one's hands. At least, I cannot. To prevent distraction and mental wandering off to where I might write a really strange short story that somehow involves the panel presenters, I took a small shawl project with me to the ALA Annual Conference in DC.

Everyone there saw it, I was constantly knitting across various events, in bars, while wandering the aisles, on the grand staircase. I even got to the lace before I got home. Only then I got home...and as travel projects are wont, apparently, the shawl became neglected. I needed to concentrate on it just enough that I couldn't take it to most meetings, Kiwanis luncheons, etc etc.  And certainly I've had plenty of tv knitting time, but meh...

Finally, with Don and Charlie Eppes (Season 4--I have two episodes left to watch), I finished it. 

Unblocked:
IMG_4564

Blocking:
IMG_4579


Yarn: Wollmeise Okzident We're Different
Pattern: Old Man of Storr
Needles: Size 5 (xx mm)
Modifications: I'm not sure I did all of the repeats on the lace, I just did repeats until ran out of yarn.  I had a large grape sized ball of yarn left--enough for perhaps one more row but not two, which is what I would have needed. Perfect spacing. I think the pattern calls for you to increase on every single row-but that'd give you two extra stitches every time so I only did 4 stitches of increase on right side rows and none on wrong side.  Seemed okay. 

This was my first Wollmeise project. I like the yarn. It's a touch splitty but it's comfortable to work with and still tough. The colors are truly stunning.  I liked the pattern and would like to make it again, it works very well with a variegated yarn.  I have some other single skeins of sock yarn that might like to become this shawl. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Knitting Adjacent

Unpacking the Stash

There had better be time on the plane...