Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Reds and Pinks

Squares continue at Chez Hedgehog. I finished Square 36 the other evening. Although, right at the moment I can't remember where I put it. It's around the house somewhere. I remember winding up the extra wool. So six more to go. All black, which should just be dreadfully exciting. 

In the interim, the stash, as always, is growing. I assume if I took up weaving it might start going down at a rate faster than knitting but I am hesitant to buy a small loom.  I feel like that would be down a rabbit hole of "well, but weaving uses so much yarn so fast!" and then suddenly I'd have even more yarn. It's my same worry about spinning.  


Also when Tina sends out a note about her Rare Gems, I am weak. I did hold out long enough that only Earth was available. We're all water babies, aren't we? The blues and greens always go first. But this lovely burgundy and green came to live with me.  


It is STR lightweight and I have no idea what I'll make with it. Maybe one of the many needed baby sweaters, or something like that. 

I also had to round out an order to WEBS and what better way than a skein of Mrs. Crosby? 


Scarlet Ibis in the Hat Box weight. It might not be a bad blend with the skein above, maybe I could knit it held double and get through both skeins all at once? Or at least do some kind of stripes? 


And the cats continue to do well. Gypsy is seen here roundly ignoring Finnbar the Roomba. She's gotten much better at that, seeming to have figured out that Finn can't climb. So if she's on the couch or in her window basket, she's safe. 


Pye on the other hand was photographed later after Finnbar had returned to his dock. She is occasionally willing to sprint through the living room while he's running but generally she prefers sitting just outside the current room being vacuumed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

A Redo

 I started this pair of socks on New Years Eve just before 2020. I finished them in May 2020 , amidst a lot of optimism about what I'd a...