It comes as no surprise that I finished up that hat I was making out of Mrs. Crosby Hat Box long before I finished the Baby blanket I was supposed to be working on, does it?
It'd have been done even faster but I ripped back to the brim once to try and sort out the slipped stitches that make up the majority of the hat. I still am not 100% sure what I'm not doing correctly, but the slipped stitches don't appear to be spiraling the way that they should.
Pattern for reference link: frais
I'm not sure if it's that it is a slightly thicker, rounder yarn or it it's PEBKAN (problem exists between knitter and needles), though I'm inclined towards the latter. I tried knitting into the front and back of the slipped stitches, neither seemed to be working properly so at some point I just gave up and knit the rest of the hat.
Ultimately, I think it turned out to be a very cute hat, long enough to be over the ears and the folded hem gives extra warmth without a folded up brim that stretches out on first wearing.
I do think that I did a little better on the brim:
And of course I'm still enchanted with Mrs. Crosby and the Toucan colorway in particular.
This added another 180 yards to my Stash Dash total, which is slowly growing. Must keep the pace up for another six weeks!!
I keep having to remind myself, using Ravelry, that I do continue to knit productively and turn out projects at a fairly steady rate. Certai...
Deciding the title for this post, I was rummaging around in my head for phrases and kept returning to "You come too." It was a ph...
We're 11 days into March and the only real progress I've made on my Loopy Academy projects is that I wound all of the wool for the S...
I'd told you I ordered the "Total Eclipse of the Sun" from BMFA, but I didn't yet have a chance to share how beautifully i...