Friday, February 27, 2015

Help Me Pick a Project: Vote, Comments, Etc

Earlier I said I had too much Wollmeise. Well, not really too much, but I acknowledged that it's now spilling out of it's designated WM bin and that's just silly.  A couple of skeins I own are off limits--predesignated for projects--but most aren't. So, you're going to help me choose project and color, right?

Here are the colors currently in the stash (click through for bigger): 

Color 1: Admiral. I promise it's a super dark blue.
 IMG_2786

Color 2: Petit Poison Medium --think really dark raspberry, or port.
 IMG_6894

Color 3: Nazar Boncugu 
781

Color 4: Madam Souris
 778

Color 5: Petit Poison, Number 5, Dark: Again, Raspberry/Port colors. Guess who just realized she had two skeins of Petit Poison?
786

Color 6: Ein Klein Wenig Verrucht: a  nice blue/purple shade
 788

Color 7: WD: Fliederbusch: don't mind the WD, just mean's "We're different" so it's a little off from what the dyer intended. Still lovely.
MDTrans 051

Color 8: WD: Der letzte Versuch: Actually blues and purples in the skein
MDTrans 050

Color 9: WD: My Old Blue Jeans: Has anyone noticed I buy jewel tones?
MDTrans 054

Color 10: Turkis: so bright teal it almost hurts. (Also, seriously I've owned it for 5 years)
IMG_3377

Color 11: Amazonas: from earlier this week, looks like Parrots.
IMG_7459

Color 12: Im dunklen Wald
IMG_7453

And here are some projects that I think would knit up nicely (all of these are Ravelry patterns, you should be able to click through and see them w/o an account: 

Pattern 1: Whippoorwill -- this is a lovely 2 color shawl. Please specify which 2 colors you think should go together. 

Pattern 2: Spice Route: long rectangular scarf that kind of looks like Clapotis.  Might be good for one of the variegated colors? 

Pattern 3: Undine: I've been meaning to knit this forever, no idea why I haven't yet. 

Pattern 4: La  Cumparsita: I love Marnie's patterns. And this looks so elegant. Would be perfect for a cocktail party. (Please note, I rarely go to cocktail parties)

Pattern 5: Carlina: A more practical scarf with interesting pop out details.

Pattern 6: Arctium: Marnie again, I wasn't kidding. 

Pattern 7: Christmas Lights Shawl: I could only make the smallest size w/ one skein. Hmmm....

Leave me a comment, tweet, FB post etc and let me know which pattern and which color.  

4 comments:

  1. Whippoorwill in 7 & 9; Spice Route in 4

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about Freesia in 8 or 4. It's a lovely shawl and easy, I knit it in colour Igor and I love it.
    Plumunou on Ravelry
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/freesia-4

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! (Blogger doesn't give me your email address so if you'd like an answer, please see my About Me page for my email address)

An Eclipse Coming At You

I'd told you I ordered the "Total Eclipse of the Sun" from BMFA, but I didn't yet have a chance to share how beautifully i...