I finished the toe of the Emergency Work Socks yesterday.
They are my usual 1x1 Vanilla Rib socks, knit out of KPPPM on size 0 (2.0mm) needles. 68 stitches, about 70 rows on the leg (71 I think, but I'm not going back to count). They took 4 months to knit as work socks. I think they only came home twice, though those trips did equal a fair amount of knitting.
It does raise a small question of what I am going to knit as socks now. I think I'd best go through the wool stash and pull out five or six skeins that are definitely meant to be socks and get them wound up today, as currently I have no socks on the needles.
Ahh, yes, the hand in the back, yes, I did end up ripping out the socks I was working on last week and starting a small triangle shawl sort of based on Age of Brass and Steam. It's coming along, more pictures soon. And that means that all of my socks are finished. Presently.
A quick look thorugh Ravelry identifies a few skeins yet to become socks and I need to dig those out. Meetings will yet abound and I do plan to get through at least 6 more pair this year.
I'm halfway now, a month early, through a full 6 pair.
Or maybe I'll start hauling the sweaters back and forth again.... one does rather get more progress done on those when they are actively being knit upon.
I can only hope that it's easier for the staff at The Loopy Ewe to grade our Academy homework than it is for me to wrangle Blackboard. ...
Deciding the title for this post, I was rummaging around in my head for phrases and kept returning to "You come too." It was a ph...
I'd told you I ordered the "Total Eclipse of the Sun" from BMFA, but I didn't yet have a chance to share how beautifully i...
It was 2 degrees when I got on the train this morning. I hadn't looked, assuming the temperature drop (back to -1F) was coming tonight. ...